Your eyes are the most sensitive organ on your body and the skin around your eyes is also very delicate and requires the proper care to help maintain its elasticity. For most people, the skin around the eyes is where wrinkles will first appear. Using an eye cream on a regular basis can help slow the formation of wrinkles and keep the area hydrated.
Using an eye cream on a regular basis is only the first step. Choosing the right formula for your concerns and applying properly is also important if you want noticeable, lasting results. Here at Beauty ‘N Fashion, our team has put this blog together to make this process easy for you.
The Best Eye Cream Ingredients
Quality eye creams can help reduce the appearance of fine lines, lighten dark circles, and even reduce puffiness. Good eye cream is one of the best ways to make your face look more youthful and awake. There are many different formulas available on the market, most target one of these specific concerns. There are also eye creams formulated to address all of these concerns at once. Regardless of which type you are seeking, there are some key ingredients that you should look for in an eye cream.
- Retinoids – This ingredient stimulates the rate of cell turnover.
- Antioxidants – These come in many forms such as niacinamide and vitamin C. They work to protect the skin around your eyes from stress, pollution, and sun damage.
- Caffeine, Arnica, and Vitamin K – These all work to reduce swelling and inflammation as well as increase circulation.
- Peptides – These boost the production of collagen and elastin.
- Shea butter and Hyaluronic acid – Both of these fight fine lines while hydrating the eye area.
The Best Way to Apply Eye Cream
STEP #1: Start with a small amount of cream on the finger, about the size of a pea. Most eye creams are highly concentrated so a little goes a long way. The ring finger offers the lightest touch naturally, so use that to apply your creams without applying too much pressure.
STEP #2: Tap small dots under your eye with the cream. They should start at the inner corner and extend to the brow bone. Tap those dots in a semi-circle pattern until the cream is fully absorbed. This motion will help stimulate circulation, but make sure you avoid stretching or pulling the skin. Avoid the eyelids unless the product specifies it is for the whole eye.
STEP #3: Wait for at least two minutes before you apply any other skincare products or your concealer. This gives your eye cream time to fully soak into your skin for maximum effectiveness.
More Eye Cream Tips & Suggestions
Beauty ‘N Fashion wants to remind you that eye cream is most effective when used twice a day, preferably in the morning and before you go to bed. A lot of people like to use eye cream during the day to improve the look of their makeup while others prefer to let the cream work while they are sleeping. During your regular skincare routine, eye cream should be applied after you have cleansed and toned your skin, but before you have applied serums, night creams or moisturizers.
* Disclaimer: Beauty 'N Fashion provides general information only. Our aim is to provide the most accurate information possible, but we do not take responsibility for any errors or results.